Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Tue April 10, 2012
Michigan officials take first legal action under recent exotic swine ban
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources has filed its first legal action under an order that outlaws some breeds of exotic swine.
The Michigan DNR has filed a legal action in Cheboygan County against the Renegade Ranch Hunting Preserve for refusing entry to state inspectors and harboring prohibited breeds.
This is the first legal action taken by the Michigan DNR since the state started enforcing the order on April 1.
*Correction - An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated that the Michigan DNR is banning "some species of exotic swine." The MDNR is banning certain breeds not species. It has been corrected above.
Pigs in our space