Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Wed June 25, 2014
Michigan Radio Wins PRNDI Award
Michigan Radio was recognized this past weekend with an award from the Public Radio News Directors Incorporated. The station received a second place award in the Large Newsroom-Soft Feature category for the “Moving In, Moving Out” story. The feature, produced by reporter Sarah Cwiek, tells the story of two Detroit households moving in opposite directions — one that has recently moved into the city and another considering a move out of town. The story illustrated the different forces tugging on the city’s population.
Public Radio News Directors Incorporated (PRNDI) is a non-profit professional association that exists to improve local news and information programming by serving public radio journalists. The organization educates, advocates and organizes to promote high standards, ethical principles, and significant public service among public radio stations.
A complete list of PRNDI award winners is available here.