Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Wed June 25, 2014
Michigan Radio Wins PRNDI Award
Michigan Radio was recognized this past weekend with an award from the Public Radio News Directors Incorporated. The station received a second place award in the Large Newsroom-Soft Feature category for the “Moving In, Moving Out” story. The feature, produced by reporter Sarah Cwiek, tells the story of two Detroit households moving in opposite directions — one that has recently moved into the city and another considering a move out of town. The story illustrated the different forces tugging on the city’s population.
Public Radio News Directors Incorporated (PRNDI) is a non-profit professional association that exists to improve local news and information programming by serving public radio journalists. The organization educates, advocates and organizes to promote high standards, ethical principles, and significant public service among public radio stations.
A complete list of PRNDI award winners is available here.