Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Wed September 1, 2010
Michigan State Fair is gone but not forgotten
There's a new post on Michigan Radio's Picture Project site. Bob Vigiletti has eighteen beautiful shots taken in the waning years of the Michigan State Fair. The fair, proclaimed to be the country's oldest, was closed because of declining attendance and revenues in 2009. Vigiletti writes:
It is only through out thoughts and photographs that we preserve and cherish memories of the past.
There's a group trying to revive the State Fair. They say Michigan law requires that the fair be held every year. Still looking to see who is behind this campaign. Let me know if you have any insights into this group.