Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Wed September 1, 2010
Michigan State Fair is gone but not forgotten
There's a new post on Michigan Radio's Picture Project site. Bob Vigiletti has eighteen beautiful shots taken in the waning years of the Michigan State Fair. The fair, proclaimed to be the country's oldest, was closed because of declining attendance and revenues in 2009. Vigiletti writes:
It is only through out thoughts and photographs that we preserve and cherish memories of the past.
There's a group trying to revive the State Fair. They say Michigan law requires that the fair be held every year. Still looking to see who is behind this campaign. Let me know if you have any insights into this group.