Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Wed September 1, 2010
Michigan State Fair is gone but not forgotten
There's a new post on Michigan Radio's Picture Project site. Bob Vigiletti has eighteen beautiful shots taken in the waning years of the Michigan State Fair. The fair, proclaimed to be the country's oldest, was closed because of declining attendance and revenues in 2009. Vigiletti writes:
It is only through out thoughts and photographs that we preserve and cherish memories of the past.
There's a group trying to revive the State Fair. They say Michigan law requires that the fair be held every year. Still looking to see who is behind this campaign. Let me know if you have any insights into this group.