Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Politics & Government
Sat January 11, 2014
Michigan's governor declares energy emergency
Gov. Rick Snyder has declared an energy emergency in the state due to a temporary heating oil and propane shortage.
The shortage was caused by a huge spike in demand due to the extreme cold and heavy snowfalls that delayed deliveries.
The governor's order suspends regulations on how many hours and how many consecutive days the fuel delivery drivers can work.
The order will in effect until January 31st unless the Governor rescinds it earlier.