Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Politics & Government
Sat January 11, 2014
Michigan's governor declares energy emergency
Gov. Rick Snyder has declared an energy emergency in the state due to a temporary heating oil and propane shortage.
The shortage was caused by a huge spike in demand due to the extreme cold and heavy snowfalls that delayed deliveries.
The governor's order suspends regulations on how many hours and how many consecutive days the fuel delivery drivers can work.
The order will in effect until January 31st unless the Governor rescinds it earlier.