Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Thu March 15, 2012
Michigan's home foreclosure crisis easing
Michigan’s home foreclosure rate continued to fall in February.
Realty Trac reports today that one in every 433 Michigan homes had a foreclosure notice filed against it in February.
That was an improvement over January (down 18%) and a big improvement compared to February a year ago (down 25%).
The better statewide numbers are mirrored in the Detroit market (down 17% from January-down 27% from February, 2011), which has long been the epicenter of Michigan’s foreclosure problems.
Nationwide, foreclosure activity continued to decline last month (down 2% from January-down 8% from February, 2011)