Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Thu March 15, 2012
Michigan's home foreclosure crisis easing
Michigan’s home foreclosure rate continued to fall in February.
Realty Trac reports today that one in every 433 Michigan homes had a foreclosure notice filed against it in February.
That was an improvement over January (down 18%) and a big improvement compared to February a year ago (down 25%).
The better statewide numbers are mirrored in the Detroit market (down 17% from January-down 27% from February, 2011), which has long been the epicenter of Michigan’s foreclosure problems.
Nationwide, foreclosure activity continued to decline last month (down 2% from January-down 8% from February, 2011)