Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Tue March 5, 2013
More people using Bridge Cards at farmers markets
So, we're still here in it.
Stuck in the middle of winter and its hard to think about putting on flip-flops, sunglasses, and heading out for fresh, summer veggies from the farmers market.
But, it seems more and more people are going to farmers markets throughout the year, and paying for their purchases with Bridge cards.
Numbers are out from last year and they show the use of Bridge Cards at farmers markets around the state went up by 42 % in 2012.
Amanda Shreve joined us today. She's the Food Assistance Partnership Coordinator with the Michigan Farmers Market Association.