Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Sat February 19, 2011
Musicians Reject Detroit Symphony's Contract Offer, Season suspended
Striking Detroit Symphony Orchestra musicians have voted to reject what management has called its final labor contract offer.
The announcement Saturday by the musicians dashes hope for a quicker end to the more than four-month, contentious walkout.
The symphony has responded by saying it has released artists and conductors from their contracts and suspended all remaining orchestral concerts through the end of the season in June.