Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Sat February 19, 2011
Musicians Reject Detroit Symphony's Contract Offer, Season suspended
Striking Detroit Symphony Orchestra musicians have voted to reject what management has called its final labor contract offer.
The announcement Saturday by the musicians dashes hope for a quicker end to the more than four-month, contentious walkout.
The symphony has responded by saying it has released artists and conductors from their contracts and suspended all remaining orchestral concerts through the end of the season in June.