Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Politics & Government
Tue May 28, 2013
Muslims meet with leaders in Lansing today
Muslims across Michigan are meeting with lawmakers and other leaders in Lansing today.
"Michigan Muslim Capitol Day" is an event organized by the Michigan Muslim Community Council and the Council on American-Islamic Relations' Michigan chapter.
More from the Associated Press:
The event is designed to cultivate relationships with lawmakers and other community members and encourage policies that promote civil rights and liberties.
The day's scheduled events include attending state House and Senate sessions as well as meeting with legislators.