OpinionMore 'dark money' will influence politics in Michigan if Snyder doesn't veto
The Environment ReportGo lake trout! Native fish overcome seemingly ‘insurmountable’ challenges in Lake Huron
Politics & GovernmentIn his farewell speech Bing says, 'I will remain involved in Detroit's transformation'
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
Politics & Government
Tue May 28, 2013
Muslims meet with leaders in Lansing today
Muslims across Michigan are meeting with lawmakers and other leaders in Lansing today.
"Michigan Muslim Capitol Day" is an event organized by the Michigan Muslim Community Council and the Council on American-Islamic Relations' Michigan chapter.
More from the Associated Press:
The event is designed to cultivate relationships with lawmakers and other community members and encourage policies that promote civil rights and liberties.
The day's scheduled events include attending state House and Senate sessions as well as meeting with legislators.