Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Politics & Government
Tue May 28, 2013
Muslims meet with leaders in Lansing today
Muslims across Michigan are meeting with lawmakers and other leaders in Lansing today.
"Michigan Muslim Capitol Day" is an event organized by the Michigan Muslim Community Council and the Council on American-Islamic Relations' Michigan chapter.
More from the Associated Press:
The event is designed to cultivate relationships with lawmakers and other community members and encourage policies that promote civil rights and liberties.
The day's scheduled events include attending state House and Senate sessions as well as meeting with legislators.