Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Mon August 15, 2011
New federal mandate requires online aid estimators for colleges
A new federal mandate could make it easier for families to budget for college. Net price calculators will be required by all colleges and universities starting October 29th. At a minimum, net costs are based on a student’s income, how big their family is and their dependency status.
"It just allows a student to make a real, realistic comparison as to what the net price will be at one school versus another school," Williams said.
"The more information that we can make available to families about the availability of financial aid, the better it is," she said.
Schools can use their own system or the generic calculator provided by the federal government.
- Amelia Carpenter - Michigan Radio Newsroom