Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Wed January 8, 2014
Northern lights may be visible in Michigan tonight
Michigan residents could get a special, atmospheric treat tonight — if weather permits.
The aurora borealis, also known as the northern lights, may be visible around the state, if cloud cover doesn’t block the view.
According to the Detroit Free Press’s Eric D. Lawrence, the lights may be visible in the area until Friday, but projected cloudiness will likely dim their appearance.
If you can't make it to midnight, check out this video of the lights in northern Michigan:
- Melanie Kruvelis, Michigan Radio Newsroom
Environment & Science