Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
- 18 new charters opening this fall are already controversial
- What’s news, what’s fake news, and do all voters know the difference?
Wed January 8, 2014
Northern lights may be visible in Michigan tonight
Michigan residents could get a special, atmospheric treat tonight — if weather permits.
The aurora borealis, also known as the northern lights, may be visible around the state, if cloud cover doesn’t block the view.
According to the Detroit Free Press’s Eric D. Lawrence, the lights may be visible in the area until Friday, but projected cloudiness will likely dim their appearance.
If you can't make it to midnight, check out this video of the lights in northern Michigan:
- Melanie Kruvelis, Michigan Radio Newsroom
Environment & Science