Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Thu September 5, 2013
Parsing Kevyn Orr's words about the DIA
This week, the City of Detroit released the transcript of a deposition given by Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr late last month as part of Detroit's bankruptcy proceedings.
While being questioned about the value of the city's art collection and whether the artwork would be used to help solve Detroit's liquidity problem, Orr said, "no, there are no plans to use the art or any other asset in particular to liquidate it to relieve liquidity issues in the city. What I have said and continue to say, all options are on the table." Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howes has been parsing what Kevyn Orr said during his deposition and has come up with another possible role that the DIA artwork might play in the bankruptcy drama. Listen to the interview above.
Politics & Government