Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Tue March 4, 2014
Photographer captures images, tales of Michigan's barns
As you drive along Michigan highways and roads, how much attention do you pay to barns? My next guest has discovered that those easy to overlook barns tell fascinating stories of the people and the communities that built them.
Mary Keithan took her first photograph of a barn in 1990 and that launched a nine-year push to photograph and tell the stories of barns all over Michigan.
Her photographs are now on exhibit at the Kalamazoo Valley Museum.
Mary Keithan joined us today.