Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Michigan’s arsenic problem is among the worst in the nation. Here’s why that matters.
- This mom didn't know why her family was sick until she checked their water
Thu April 18, 2013
Pistons fire head coach Lawrence Frank
Marc Stein of ESPN was the first to report the news:
The Detroit Pistons, as widely expected, fired coach Lawrence Frank on Thursday.
The dismissal of Frank has been expected for some time, after the young Pistons lost 27 of 36 games in the second half of the season before winning four of their final five.
Frank guided the Pistons to a 29-53 mark this season and was 54-94 overall in two campaigns.
Stein reports Frank "went to the playoffs three times in six seasons coaching the New Jersey Nets before his dismissal in 2009, then worked as an assistant in Boston under Doc Rivers."