Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Fri December 10, 2010
Plans continue for Snyder's inauguration
Governor-elect Rick Snyder's inaugural day activities have been confirmed. The governor-elect will be sworn in as Michigan's 48th governor on January 1st, 2011. According to The Detroit Free Press, here's what we know:
- The inaugural will last just one day. Previous Michigan Governors' inaugurations have continued over more than one day and in multiple cities.
- Governor-elect Snyder will take the oath of office at noon outside of the Capitol building in Lansing. That will be followed by a receiving line that will take place inside.
- An inaugural celebration will take place at 8 PM in East Lansing at Michigan State University. Tickets are required for the event at a cost of $125.
Michigan Radio will have live coverage of the event beginning at noon on Saturday, January 1st.
Governor-elect Rick Snyder