Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
Sat October 27, 2012
Police: Shooting of man on freeway linked to spree
FOWLERVILLE, Mich. (AP) - Authorities are linking the shooting of a motorist driving along Interstate 96 in Livingston County to a string of shootings across southeastern Michigan.
Sheriff Bob Bezotte told WWJ-AM the man was taken to the hospital Saturday afternoon after being shot in the hip by a bullet that came through the driver's-side door. Bezotte says shots were fired at another car earlier but its two occupants weren't injured.
Shots have been fired on at least 24 cars since Oct. 16. Most of the shootings involved cars near I-96. No injuries were reported before Saturday, the first incident since Oct. 18.
WHMI-FM reports multiple police agencies are searching for the suspect.
Based on reports, authorities said the gunman appears to be a man in his