Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Mon April 14, 2014
Power outages plague Southeastern Michigan
Just when you thought the weather was finally getting better, Michigan proves you wrong.
As of 11:00 a.m., high winds and downed power lines Monday morning have left more than 100,000 DTE consumers in the dark.
DTE's Outage Map, below, shows the outages that have been reported across the state.
According to DTE, Oakland, Wayne, and Macomb Counties have been the hardest hit, with smaller outages scattered across the state. No estimates have been provided yet as to when power will be back in these areas, however DTE crews will be working through Tuesday to complete restoration.
For more information about what to do about downed power lines and other safety measures, visit DTE's Outage Center.
– Paige Pfleger, Michigan Radio Newsroom
Politics & Government