Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Fri October 14, 2011
President Obama visits Michigan today
President Obama will be in southeast Michigan today to promote a new free trade agreement with South Korea. President Obama is scheduled to tour General Motor’s assembly plant in Lake Orion. South Korea’s president will accompany Obama.
Congress this week approved a new free trade agreement with South Korea. South Korea is the world’s 13th largest economy.
The free trade pact is the largest such deal since the North American Free Trade Agreement with Canada and Mexico in the mid-90’s.
Originally negotiated by the Bush administration, the trade deal was modified to provide U.S. automakers access to South Korea’s auto markets. Congress also approved free trade deals with Colombia and Panama this week.