OpinionMore 'dark money' will influence politics in Michigan if Snyder doesn't veto
The Environment ReportGo lake trout! Native fish overcome seemingly ‘insurmountable’ challenges in Lake Huron
Politics & GovernmentIn his farewell speech Bing says, 'I will remain involved in Detroit's transformation'
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
Fri October 14, 2011
President Obama visits Michigan today
President Obama will be in southeast Michigan today to promote a new free trade agreement with South Korea. President Obama is scheduled to tour General Motor’s assembly plant in Lake Orion. South Korea’s president will accompany Obama.
Congress this week approved a new free trade agreement with South Korea. South Korea is the world’s 13th largest economy.
The free trade pact is the largest such deal since the North American Free Trade Agreement with Canada and Mexico in the mid-90’s.
Originally negotiated by the Bush administration, the trade deal was modified to provide U.S. automakers access to South Korea’s auto markets. Congress also approved free trade deals with Colombia and Panama this week.