Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Fri October 14, 2011
President Obama visits Michigan today
President Obama will be in southeast Michigan today to promote a new free trade agreement with South Korea. President Obama is scheduled to tour General Motor’s assembly plant in Lake Orion. South Korea’s president will accompany Obama.
Congress this week approved a new free trade agreement with South Korea. South Korea is the world’s 13th largest economy.
The free trade pact is the largest such deal since the North American Free Trade Agreement with Canada and Mexico in the mid-90’s.
Originally negotiated by the Bush administration, the trade deal was modified to provide U.S. automakers access to South Korea’s auto markets. Congress also approved free trade deals with Colombia and Panama this week.