Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Mon January 27, 2014
Proposal would loosen Michigan's ban on smoking in restaurants, bars and public venues
State Rep. Tom McMillin, R-Rochester Hills, wants to loosen Michigan's smoking ban. Since 2010, Michigan has had a ban on smoking in restaurants, bars, and public venues.
House Bill 5159 would give these businesses the green light to allow smoking on patios and other outdoor areas.
Detroit Free Press columnist Brian Dickerson has some strong thoughts about this proposal from Rep. McMillin.
Politics & Government