Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Mon January 27, 2014
Proposal would loosen Michigan's ban on smoking in restaurants, bars and public venues
State Rep. Tom McMillin, R-Rochester Hills, wants to loosen Michigan's smoking ban. Since 2010, Michigan has had a ban on smoking in restaurants, bars, and public venues.
House Bill 5159 would give these businesses the green light to allow smoking on patios and other outdoor areas.
Detroit Free Press columnist Brian Dickerson has some strong thoughts about this proposal from Rep. McMillin.
Politics & Government