Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Mon January 27, 2014
Proposal would loosen Michigan's ban on smoking in restaurants, bars and public venues
State Rep. Tom McMillin, R-Rochester Hills, wants to loosen Michigan's smoking ban. Since 2010, Michigan has had a ban on smoking in restaurants, bars, and public venues.
House Bill 5159 would give these businesses the green light to allow smoking on patios and other outdoor areas.
Detroit Free Press columnist Brian Dickerson has some strong thoughts about this proposal from Rep. McMillin.
Politics & Government