Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Mon January 27, 2014
Proposal would loosen Michigan's ban on smoking in restaurants, bars and public venues
State Rep. Tom McMillin, R-Rochester Hills, wants to loosen Michigan's smoking ban. Since 2010, Michigan has had a ban on smoking in restaurants, bars, and public venues.
House Bill 5159 would give these businesses the green light to allow smoking on patios and other outdoor areas.
Detroit Free Press columnist Brian Dickerson has some strong thoughts about this proposal from Rep. McMillin.
Politics & Government