Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Mon January 27, 2014
Proposal would loosen Michigan's ban on smoking in restaurants, bars and public venues
State Rep. Tom McMillin, R-Rochester Hills, wants to loosen Michigan's smoking ban. Since 2010, Michigan has had a ban on smoking in restaurants, bars, and public venues.
House Bill 5159 would give these businesses the green light to allow smoking on patios and other outdoor areas.
Detroit Free Press columnist Brian Dickerson has some strong thoughts about this proposal from Rep. McMillin.
Politics & Government