Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Mon February 27, 2012
Ron Paul speaks out against undeclared wars at campaign stop
Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul spoke out against undeclared wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Federal Reserve system and the federal war on drugs to a packed auditorium at Michigan State University this afternoon.
"We still have enough freedom to wake this country up and change the direction, but it has to come from the people. It won’t come top down. It has to come from the people because government reflects the values of the people, so if that’s what you want and you speak and you do your job, Washington will change."
The Paul campaign says he has a good chance of picking up some delegates in Michigan’s primary tomorrow.
Paul says Michigan and other states should have the right to enact medical marijuana laws without worrying about interference from the federal government.
The Obama administration has taken a hands-off policy on enforcing drug laws against most medical marijuana users.