Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Tue November 2, 2010
Schauer supporters try to stay optimistic despite trailing Walberg
The early numbers are not looking good for incumbent Democratic congressman Mark Schauer. Republican Tim Walberg holds a 4 percenatge point lead with more than a third of the votes counted so far. Schauer is only leading Walberg in Calhoun County. Still Schauer loyalists say they are ready for a long night. Schauer is talking with his supporters, but not the news media just yet. His campaign spokesman says they are waiting until more numbers are in.
Michigan's 7th district