Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Students, alumni rally in support of gay teacher who says pregnancy got her fired
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
Fri March 25, 2011
Senator Levin to attend small business summit in Detroit
Michigan Senator Carl Levin and officials from the White House, the Department of Defense, and the City of Detroit will host a small business summit at Cobo Center in Detroit today. As the Associated Press reports, the event is, “designed to help Michigan small businesses explore contracting opportunities with the defense industry. Small business representatives are to learn about the defense acquisition process, meet defense contracting officials and explore contracting opportunities at the Department of Defense."
Levin, a Democrat from Detroit, is Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee.
War in afghanistan