Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Wed August 17, 2011
Sleeping Bear Dunes voted "most beautiful place in America"
This morning, ABC's Good Morning America revealed the winner of their "Most Beautiful Place in America" contest.
For reasons we all know, Sleeping Bear Dunes won.
You can see the video on ABC's website.
Here are the places Sleeping Bear Dunes finished ahead of:
- Newport, R.I.
- Cape Cod, Mass.
- Point Reyes, Calif.
- Aspen, Colo.
- Sedona, Ariz
- Destin, Fla.
- Asheville, N.C.
- Lanikai Beach, Hawaii
- and Grand Teton National Park, Wyo
ABC says Jim Madole of Grand Rapids nominated Sleeping Bear Dunes saying:
"It is peaceful and serene, a place for gazing out into the world, night or day, and realizing that the universe is truly a magical, majestic mystery, and humans are just a very small part of it all," he wrote in his submission. "Here at Sleeping Bear, I sit in awe and wonder at the perfection of Mother Nature."