Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Wed August 17, 2011
Sleeping Bear Dunes voted "most beautiful place in America"
This morning, ABC's Good Morning America revealed the winner of their "Most Beautiful Place in America" contest.
For reasons we all know, Sleeping Bear Dunes won.
You can see the video on ABC's website.
Here are the places Sleeping Bear Dunes finished ahead of:
- Newport, R.I.
- Cape Cod, Mass.
- Point Reyes, Calif.
- Aspen, Colo.
- Sedona, Ariz
- Destin, Fla.
- Asheville, N.C.
- Lanikai Beach, Hawaii
- and Grand Teton National Park, Wyo
ABC says Jim Madole of Grand Rapids nominated Sleeping Bear Dunes saying:
"It is peaceful and serene, a place for gazing out into the world, night or day, and realizing that the universe is truly a magical, majestic mystery, and humans are just a very small part of it all," he wrote in his submission. "Here at Sleeping Bear, I sit in awe and wonder at the perfection of Mother Nature."