Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
Wed August 17, 2011
Sleeping Bear Dunes voted "most beautiful place in America"
This morning, ABC's Good Morning America revealed the winner of their "Most Beautiful Place in America" contest.
For reasons we all know, Sleeping Bear Dunes won.
You can see the video on ABC's website.
Here are the places Sleeping Bear Dunes finished ahead of:
- Newport, R.I.
- Cape Cod, Mass.
- Point Reyes, Calif.
- Aspen, Colo.
- Sedona, Ariz
- Destin, Fla.
- Asheville, N.C.
- Lanikai Beach, Hawaii
- and Grand Teton National Park, Wyo
ABC says Jim Madole of Grand Rapids nominated Sleeping Bear Dunes saying:
"It is peaceful and serene, a place for gazing out into the world, night or day, and realizing that the universe is truly a magical, majestic mystery, and humans are just a very small part of it all," he wrote in his submission. "Here at Sleeping Bear, I sit in awe and wonder at the perfection of Mother Nature."