TransportationMany Michigan voters to decide whether to raise taxes to fix their community’s roads
Politics & GovernmentGOP establishment backs challenger in the 3rd district, but voters don’t seem to care
Politics & GovernmentThose who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Tue November 8, 2011
Snowmobile permits rising $10 to $45 in Michigan
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - The state is increasing snowmobile permit fees for the 2011 season.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources said Tuesday that this season the price for a permit is $45, an increase of $10 over last year's price. The fee will be $45 through the 2015 snowmobile season. A state law signed in 2008 provided for the incremental increase in snowmobile trail fees, which support maintenance and grooming of the state's snowmobile trail network.