Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Nurses vote yes on contract
Wed December 1, 2010
Sparrow Hospital nurses approve new contract
Nurses at Lansing's Sparrow Hospital overwhelmingly approved a new contract with the hospital.
The contract approved Tuesday came after a sometimes contentious negotiations between the two sides.
"There was a very diverse opinion about the details of the contract about what was good and what was bad," says Robert Kolt, a spokesman for the nurses union, "They had to agree...that patient safety was a top priority."
The contract contains a modest wage increase for the nurses and other support staff.
Sparrow Hospital Contract