Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Nurses vote yes on contract
Wed December 1, 2010
Sparrow Hospital nurses approve new contract
Nurses at Lansing's Sparrow Hospital overwhelmingly approved a new contract with the hospital.
The contract approved Tuesday came after a sometimes contentious negotiations between the two sides.
"There was a very diverse opinion about the details of the contract about what was good and what was bad," says Robert Kolt, a spokesman for the nurses union, "They had to agree...that patient safety was a top priority."
The contract contains a modest wage increase for the nurses and other support staff.
Sparrow Hospital Contract