Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Nurses vote yes on contract
Wed December 1, 2010
Sparrow Hospital nurses approve new contract
Nurses at Lansing's Sparrow Hospital overwhelmingly approved a new contract with the hospital.
The contract approved Tuesday came after a sometimes contentious negotiations between the two sides.
"There was a very diverse opinion about the details of the contract about what was good and what was bad," says Robert Kolt, a spokesman for the nurses union, "They had to agree...that patient safety was a top priority."
The contract contains a modest wage increase for the nurses and other support staff.
Sparrow Hospital Contract