Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
Wed February 20, 2013
Stateside: Future challenges facing institutions of higher education
The following is a summary of a previously recorded interview. To hear the complete segment, click the audio above.
As funding for higher education experiences drastic cuts, tuition continues to increase nationwide.
Now, colleges and universities are looking at how they have contributed to the economic situation facing institutions of higher education.
Michigan Radio's Cynthia Canty spoke with James Duderstadt concerning the economic climate among institutions of higher education.
James Duderstadt,a former president of the University of Michigan, is an important voice in the national conversation among higher education institutions. Mr. Duderstadt currently serves on the National Academies Commission on the Future of the American Research University.
Politics & Government