Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Tue February 19, 2013
Stateside: Michigan needs more babies
Michigan needs babies and it needs the women who are willing to have them.
That's the takeaway after demographer Kurt Metzger crunched the numbers and analyzed the state's birthrate.
What is going on with this "anti-baby boom," and what might this mean for us as a state?
Kurt Metzger is the director course at Data Driven Detroit. He joined us from his Detroit office to tell us about the drop in the birthrate and how it affects our state.
You can listen to our interview with him above.