Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Tue February 19, 2013
Stateside: Michigan needs more babies
Michigan needs babies and it needs the women who are willing to have them.
That's the takeaway after demographer Kurt Metzger crunched the numbers and analyzed the state's birthrate.
What is going on with this "anti-baby boom," and what might this mean for us as a state?
Kurt Metzger is the director course at Data Driven Detroit. He joined us from his Detroit office to tell us about the drop in the birthrate and how it affects our state.
You can listen to our interview with him above.