Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Tue February 19, 2013
Stateside: Michigan needs more babies
Michigan needs babies and it needs the women who are willing to have them.
That's the takeaway after demographer Kurt Metzger crunched the numbers and analyzed the state's birthrate.
What is going on with this "anti-baby boom," and what might this mean for us as a state?
Kurt Metzger is the director course at Data Driven Detroit. He joined us from his Detroit office to tell us about the drop in the birthrate and how it affects our state.
You can listen to our interview with him above.