Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Tue February 19, 2013
Stateside: Michigan needs more babies
Michigan needs babies and it needs the women who are willing to have them.
That's the takeaway after demographer Kurt Metzger crunched the numbers and analyzed the state's birthrate.
What is going on with this "anti-baby boom," and what might this mean for us as a state?
Kurt Metzger is the director course at Data Driven Detroit. He joined us from his Detroit office to tell us about the drop in the birthrate and how it affects our state.
You can listen to our interview with him above.