Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Thu October 4, 2012
Stateside: Michigan State University's Dairy Store
The local food movement is not a new thing for Michigan State University's Dairy Store.
It has been selling local dairy products such as cheese and ice cream since 1913. The milk is bought from Michigan Milk Producers, less than 30 miles away.
It's then taken to MSU where it is processed and distributed. A lot of the ice cream flavors have MSU or Big Ten themes.
Stateside's Emily Fox, visited the store and chatted with customers, workers and manager, John Engstrom.
You can listen to the audio postcard above.
There are two ways you can podcast "Stateside with Cynthia Canty"