Today on Stateside:
- It was a busy political weekend as Michigan Democrats and Republicans held their respective conventions. Two Lansing reporters gave us a roundup of these state conventions.
- The emerald ash borer is said to be the most destructive bug to ever attack U.S. trees. Its attack on America's trees began in a corner of Wayne County.
- A Michigan poet spent some 40 years translating the powerful words of Peruvian poet Cesar Vallejo.
- A labor shortage is slowing down new home construction. We talked to the CEO of the Homebuilders Association of Michigan about what it means for the state's economy if new houses just can't be built.
* Listen to the full show above.