Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
Politics & Government
Mon December 17, 2012
Stateside for Monday, December 17, 2012
Governor Rick Snyder must decide whether to approve or veto legislation that would allow concealed pistols in churches, day care centers and public schools. Michigan Public Radio Bureau Chief Rick Pluta spoke with Cyndy about the legislation.
Writer Micki Maynard sees parallels between New Orleans and Detroit- both cities share similar stories of revitalization and growth. Hear what Maynard said Detroit could learn from New Orleans.
Throughout the week we will be airing a series of stories Michigan Radio's Kyle Norris compiled on homelessness in Detroit. Today was Norris' introduction to the piece, as she discussed the various things that compelled her to write the story.
How would consumers in America function without paper currency? Miles Kimball, Professor of Economics at the University of Michigan, advocates the switch from paper to electronic currency. Hear Kimball's interview in today's podcast.