Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Politics & Culture
Mon January 6, 2014
Stateside for Monday, Jan. 6, 2014
On today's show: An auto forecast. More electric cars? What about increased sales in a recovering economy? And how about the dreadful European market? Just what will 2014 hold for the industry that still powers our state?
Then later in the hour, Michigan author James Tobin joins us. We'll talk with him about his new book, "The Man He Became: How FDR Defied Polio to Win the Presidency."
But first on the show we talk with MLive meteorologist Mark Torregrossa, who also runs farmerweather.com.
This time the forecasters did not cry wolf. We got slammed by snow. And now that the snow has fallen, we’re looking at winds and that dangerous cold.
Torregrossa explains what's ahead and when we'll see something resembling a more "typical" Michigan winter.