Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Politics & Culture
Mon January 6, 2014
Stateside for Monday, Jan. 6, 2014
On today's show: An auto forecast. More electric cars? What about increased sales in a recovering economy? And how about the dreadful European market? Just what will 2014 hold for the industry that still powers our state?
Then later in the hour, Michigan author James Tobin joins us. We'll talk with him about his new book, "The Man He Became: How FDR Defied Polio to Win the Presidency."
But first on the show we talk with MLive meteorologist Mark Torregrossa, who also runs farmerweather.com.
This time the forecasters did not cry wolf. We got slammed by snow. And now that the snow has fallen, we’re looking at winds and that dangerous cold.
Torregrossa explains what's ahead and when we'll see something resembling a more "typical" Michigan winter.