Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Mon July 28, 2014
Stateside for Monday, July 28, 2014
Today on Stateside:
· For every dollar a Michigan candidate spends in campaign ads, outside groups have spent $3.50. Why should we care?
· Academic research is being misused, and academics' words have been twisted in the media and by politicians. Andrew Hoffman joined Stateside to discuss this disturbing trend.
· Sweet corn is coming in later in the season, due to the cold spring.
· With John Dingell retiring, his wife Debbie Dingell is running in the Democratic primary to take his place.
· A bill to certify Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (ARPN) would allow nurses to work more independently from physicians, and could allow them to write prescriptions and refer patients to specialists.
*Listen to the full show above. Lester Graham is sitting in for Cynthia Canty this week.