Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Politics & Culture
Mon March 3, 2014
Stateside for Monday, March 3, 2014
Military veterans don't have it easy. We often say we want to help, but Michigan ranks last in the nation when it comes to per-capita spending on our veterans. On today's show: Why the disconnect between what we say about veterans and what we actually do?
And, then, it's not only us – you know, humans – are dealing with this crazy winter weather. This season has been especially bad for an already fragile population in our state. We'll check in on our honey bees and what their livelihood means for Michigan crops this spring and summer.
There are fewer Michigan school districts running into the red this year, and even more are projected to work their way out of budget deficits by the end of the school year.
But peel away the top layer and it's not all good news. MLive Capitol reporter Jonathon Oosting joined us to explain why.