Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Wed February 27, 2013
Stateside: Snyder appoints new justice to state Supreme Court
Governor Snyder has appointed a new Justice to the state Supreme Court.
The appointment comes after former Justice Diane Hathaway resigned last month after being indicted for bank fraud.
For many Court watchers, Chief Judge of the Macomb County Circuit David Viviano is a surprise pick.
Rick Pluta, Lansing Bureau Chief for the Michigan Public Radio Network was at the announcement. He spoke with us to tell us more about Judge Viviano.
To hear the full story click the audio link above.