Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Wed February 27, 2013
Stateside: Snyder appoints new justice to state Supreme Court
Governor Snyder has appointed a new Justice to the state Supreme Court.
The appointment comes after former Justice Diane Hathaway resigned last month after being indicted for bank fraud.
For many Court watchers, Chief Judge of the Macomb County Circuit David Viviano is a surprise pick.
Rick Pluta, Lansing Bureau Chief for the Michigan Public Radio Network was at the announcement. He spoke with us to tell us more about Judge Viviano.
To hear the full story click the audio link above.