Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Politics & Culture
Thu June 27, 2013
Stateside for Thursday, June 27th, 2013
We wrapped up our week-long look at energy in Michigan with a focus on wind. Is it really a viable energy source for our state?
And, we headed to Flint to find out how some residents are helping to shape their community through all different types of art.
Also, if you love the sound of pipe organs, head over to the Great Lakes Swell Organs festival happening in Kalamazoo and Battle Creek this weekend. We spoke with program director Brooks Grantier.
First on the show, economic development leaders in Michigan like to talk about the number of manufacturing jobs created in the state in the last couple of years. But Michigan is not keeping up with the job growth of some other states as the nation recovers from the Great Recession.
It's Thursday, which means we talk to Daniel Howes, a business columnist with the Detroit News.
Howes joined us today to discuss Michigan’s anemic job growth.