Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Thu March 14, 2013
Stateside for Thursday, March 14, 2013
Today marks a historic decision.
Governor Rick Snyder announced the appointment of an emergency manager for the city of Detroit.
On today's show, we looked at the many things that will change in the city once it's under state control.
We also talked with the emergency manager of Pontiac to get his view of what needs to be done in the state's largest city.
We also spoke with Columnist Daniel Howes who says don't take bankruptcy out of the equation.
But first, we were joined with Michigan Radio's Zoe Clark and Tracy Samilton to talk about this afternoon's announcement in Detroit. They told us a little bit more about what the Governor had to say.