Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Thu March 14, 2013
Stateside for Thursday, March 14, 2013
Today marks a historic decision.
Governor Rick Snyder announced the appointment of an emergency manager for the city of Detroit.
On today's show, we looked at the many things that will change in the city once it's under state control.
We also talked with the emergency manager of Pontiac to get his view of what needs to be done in the state's largest city.
We also spoke with Columnist Daniel Howes who says don't take bankruptcy out of the equation.
But first, we were joined with Michigan Radio's Zoe Clark and Tracy Samilton to talk about this afternoon's announcement in Detroit. They told us a little bit more about what the Governor had to say.