Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Politics & Culture
Thu November 14, 2013
Stateside for Thursday, November 14th, 2013
Great Lakes states average about a 30% rate of recycling. Michigan's recycling rate is somewhere around 14%. We talk about why Michigan is lagging when it comes to recycling.
And we speak to a former aid in the Nixon administration who has a new idea for a political party. Also, it's Thursday and that means it's time for our weekly check-in with Detroit News Business Columnist Daniel Howes. He's been busy digging up a story that could prove to have a major impact on the future of the DIA, the future of Detroit's retired workers, and the future of the bankruptcy proceedings.