Stateside for Thursday, Sept. 4, 2014
By Stateside Staff • Sep 4, 2014
Today on Stateside:
- Fifty years ago this week, the Beatles came to Michigan. We talked to the legendary DJ who was onstage at Olympia with the Beatles.
- John U. Bacon previewed the big Michigan State-Oregon game this weekend.
- The historic Detroit bankruptcy trial is in its third day. Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howes told us where things are now.
- It’s time for a new round of Pure Michigan advertisements. Has the campaign been worthwhile for Michigan in terms of money spent and money returned from tourism?
- We found out what's up with those dark and nasty-looking lesions on your tomato plants.
- We talked to a Democrat who could be on her way to becoming the first female Asian American lawmaker in Michigan.
- A little sensor can detect vapors from your body that measure health conditions and the environment surrounding you. We talked to the scientist behind the device.