Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Public Insight Journalist
Essay/Analysis: Sports Commentator
Host, Stateside with Cynthia Canty
Mid Michigan Reporter/Producer
That's What They Say
Sarah Cwiek - Detroit Reporter/Producer
Assistant News Director
Essay/Analysis: Political Commentator
Weekend Edition host
MPRN Capitol Reporter
Host - Middays
Reporter / Producer - Michigan Public Radio Network
Host - Morning Edition
West Michigan Reporter/Producer
Arts, Culture & Education Reporter/Producer
Host - All Things Considered
Reporter/Producer - The Environment Report
Politics and Culture
Tue July 15, 2014
Stateside for Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Today on Stateside:
- Michigan's legislators will be back in Lansing tomorrow. The day will bring committee meetings including attention to a pair of bills dealing with medical marijuana.
- Congressman Conyers says that Detroit’s water shutoff crisis is a human rights issue.
- The proposed Rover Pipeline would carry natural gas through about 180 miles of Michigan. Some of it would track the very same route as the controversial Enbridge 6B oil pipeline that was recently replaced.
- DetCon1, a science fiction and fantasy literary convention will be in Detroit July 17-20.
- Grab your surf board and hit….Lake Michigan??
- There are Jobs that are going begging in Michigan, but the skilled workers are nowhere to be found.
- Can Europe offer the U.S. a model for how to operate prisons?
*Listen to full show above.