Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
Politics & Culture
Tue October 8, 2013
Stateside for Tuesday, October 8th, 2013
It's been a week since the healthcare exchanges under the Affordable Care Act have opened, but questions continue to swirl.
On today's show we asked you for your questions about the new healthcare marketplace, and we have some answers. But, first, as we get into the second week of the partial government shutdown with no signs of a resolution - and the debt ceiling debate looming ever closer - more and more voices are being raised in warning and concern over how all of this is impacting our daily lives. One of those voices is that of Dr. Ora Pescovitz. She is the CEO of the University of Michigan Health System. She joined us today.