Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Politics & Culture
Tue October 8, 2013
Stateside for Tuesday, October 8th, 2013
It's been a week since the healthcare exchanges under the Affordable Care Act have opened, but questions continue to swirl.
On today's show we asked you for your questions about the new healthcare marketplace, and we have some answers. But, first, as we get into the second week of the partial government shutdown with no signs of a resolution - and the debt ceiling debate looming ever closer - more and more voices are being raised in warning and concern over how all of this is impacting our daily lives. One of those voices is that of Dr. Ora Pescovitz. She is the CEO of the University of Michigan Health System. She joined us today.