Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Politics & Culture
Tue October 8, 2013
Stateside for Tuesday, October 8th, 2013
It's been a week since the healthcare exchanges under the Affordable Care Act have opened, but questions continue to swirl.
On today's show we asked you for your questions about the new healthcare marketplace, and we have some answers. But, first, as we get into the second week of the partial government shutdown with no signs of a resolution - and the debt ceiling debate looming ever closer - more and more voices are being raised in warning and concern over how all of this is impacting our daily lives. One of those voices is that of Dr. Ora Pescovitz. She is the CEO of the University of Michigan Health System. She joined us today.