Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Politics & Culture
Tue October 8, 2013
Stateside for Tuesday, October 8th, 2013
It's been a week since the healthcare exchanges under the Affordable Care Act have opened, but questions continue to swirl.
On today's show we asked you for your questions about the new healthcare marketplace, and we have some answers. But, first, as we get into the second week of the partial government shutdown with no signs of a resolution - and the debt ceiling debate looming ever closer - more and more voices are being raised in warning and concern over how all of this is impacting our daily lives. One of those voices is that of Dr. Ora Pescovitz. She is the CEO of the University of Michigan Health System. She joined us today.