Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Politics & Culture
Wed January 22, 2014
Stateside for Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014
On the 41st anniversary of Roe v Wade, women's reproductive rights are in the spotlight here in Michigan. Insurance providers and consumers are trying to understand Michigan's new, controversial law requiring separate policies for abortion coverage.
On today's show we'll get a better of understanding of how the new law is supposed to work. And we'll travel to space! OK, maybe that's overselling it, but we will meet a group of researchers who want to make it easier for do-it-yourself space exploration. First, we go to Lansing where lawmakers are in the midst of a debate over how teachers in Michigan should be evaluated. Hearings were held today at the Capitol and the Michigan Public Radio Network's Jake Neher was there. He joined us today.