Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Governor Snyder is fighting a losing game in Aramark scandal
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
Thu April 21, 2011
Toyota recalls certain RAV4s and Highlanders
An airbag issued is prompting Toyota to recall some RAV4s and Highlanders.
From the Associated Press:
The recall includes about 214,000 RAV4s from 2007 and 2008 and approximately 94,000 Highlander and Highlander HV vehicles from 2008. All of the vehicles involved were sold in the U.S.
The recall does not include any other Lexus or Toyota vehicles.
Toyota Motor Sales USA Inc. said Thursday that the airbag sensor assembly has two sensors. If both sensors fail at about the same time after an initial airbag system check, the seat belt pretensioner and the curtain shield airbag may be inadvertently activated.
Toyota dealers will replace the sensor assembly with a new one at no charge.
Owners of the affected vehicles will receive a recall notification letter in the mail next month.