Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Living off the grid can be illegal
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Thu April 21, 2011
Toyota recalls certain RAV4s and Highlanders
An airbag issued is prompting Toyota to recall some RAV4s and Highlanders.
From the Associated Press:
The recall includes about 214,000 RAV4s from 2007 and 2008 and approximately 94,000 Highlander and Highlander HV vehicles from 2008. All of the vehicles involved were sold in the U.S.
The recall does not include any other Lexus or Toyota vehicles.
Toyota Motor Sales USA Inc. said Thursday that the airbag sensor assembly has two sensors. If both sensors fail at about the same time after an initial airbag system check, the seat belt pretensioner and the curtain shield airbag may be inadvertently activated.
Toyota dealers will replace the sensor assembly with a new one at no charge.
Owners of the affected vehicles will receive a recall notification letter in the mail next month.