Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Thu April 21, 2011
Toyota recalls certain RAV4s and Highlanders
An airbag issued is prompting Toyota to recall some RAV4s and Highlanders.
From the Associated Press:
The recall includes about 214,000 RAV4s from 2007 and 2008 and approximately 94,000 Highlander and Highlander HV vehicles from 2008. All of the vehicles involved were sold in the U.S.
The recall does not include any other Lexus or Toyota vehicles.
Toyota Motor Sales USA Inc. said Thursday that the airbag sensor assembly has two sensors. If both sensors fail at about the same time after an initial airbag system check, the seat belt pretensioner and the curtain shield airbag may be inadvertently activated.
Toyota dealers will replace the sensor assembly with a new one at no charge.
Owners of the affected vehicles will receive a recall notification letter in the mail next month.