Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Politics & Government
Wed November 7, 2012
Troy mayor recalled
Janice Daniels had been Troy’s mayor for just a year.
She was strongly aligned with the Tea Party movement.
And she quickly became embroiled in controversy for using anti-gay slurs, and fighting a federally-funded transit center.
So a citizen group launched a recall campaign. And it’s succeeded, with about 52-percent of Troy voters saying yes.
Troy’s current Council President Pro-Tem will serve as acting mayor.
The Council will then appoint a new mayor within 30 days. A new mayoral election will be held next November.