Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Palisades shutdown comes after assumed ‘unplanned’ release of radioactive water into Lake Michigan
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
Politics & Government
Wed November 7, 2012
Troy mayor recalled
Janice Daniels had been Troy’s mayor for just a year.
She was strongly aligned with the Tea Party movement.
And she quickly became embroiled in controversy for using anti-gay slurs, and fighting a federally-funded transit center.
So a citizen group launched a recall campaign. And it’s succeeded, with about 52-percent of Troy voters saying yes.
Troy’s current Council President Pro-Tem will serve as acting mayor.
The Council will then appoint a new mayor within 30 days. A new mayoral election will be held next November.