Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Fri April 13, 2012
Two police unions approve new contracts with Flint
Flint emergency manager Michael Brown says two police unions have tentatively approved new contracts with the city.
More from Kristin Longley at the Flint Journal:
The members of the Flint sergeants union and the lieutenants and captains union voted on the proposed contracts Thursday, he said.
Brown said it was a significant accomplishment that the parties were able to reach a consensus. The city's four public safety unions have been operating under expired contracts for more than two years.
Details have yet to be released. Brown said he expects to sign the contracts soon to make them official.