Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
Wed June 1, 2011
Unabomber auction coming to an end
The auction is being run by the federal government with proceeds going to the victims of Ted Kaczynski’s nearly 20 year bombing spree. Kaczynski’s mail bombs killed 3 and injured 23 others. Items in the online auction include the Unabomber’s hand written anti-technology manifesto and his trademark sunglasses and hoodie sweat jacket.
Albert Najera is the U.S. Marshal for the Eastern District of California. He expects the bidding will pick up in the final hours of the online auction which closes Thursday.
“You know….One man’s…I don’t want to say junk… is another person’s treasure.”
Ted Kaczynski turned his back on modern society a decade after receiving his PhD in Mathematics from the University of Michigan.