Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Wed June 1, 2011
Unabomber auction coming to an end
The auction is being run by the federal government with proceeds going to the victims of Ted Kaczynski’s nearly 20 year bombing spree. Kaczynski’s mail bombs killed 3 and injured 23 others. Items in the online auction include the Unabomber’s hand written anti-technology manifesto and his trademark sunglasses and hoodie sweat jacket.
Albert Najera is the U.S. Marshal for the Eastern District of California. He expects the bidding will pick up in the final hours of the online auction which closes Thursday.
“You know….One man’s…I don’t want to say junk… is another person’s treasure.”
Ted Kaczynski turned his back on modern society a decade after receiving his PhD in Mathematics from the University of Michigan.