Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Wed March 26, 2014
An update on Lake Michigan oil spill
An oil spill from a BP refinery in Whiting, Ind., this week has raised new worries about the stepped-up processing of Canadian tar sands – and threats to Lake Michigan.
Considering that seven million people in Chicagoland depend on Lake Michigan for drinking water, even a little spill might be cause for concern.
Exactly what was spilled? How far did it spread? And has BP contained the leak?
We're joined now by Michael Hawthorne, a reporter with The Chicago Tribune.
Listen to the full interview above.
Environment & Science
The Environment Report