Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
- Study finds that an oil spill under Mackinac Straits would be “deathblow” to Northern Michigan
Politics & Government
Wed May 8, 2013
Who’s betting on an online lottery system?
How would you like to buy lottery tickets online?
Governor Rick Snyder bets you would.
His administration is asking for more than $3 million to launch an online lottery system called iLottery, where buyers could purchase tickets right from their computers.
But the plan has foes in both the state House and Senate, who are maneuvering to block online lottery gaming.
Dave Eggert, the Lansing reporter for the Associated Press, fills us in on the ongoing battle for digital lottery.
Listen to the full interview above.