Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
Politics & Government
Wed May 8, 2013
Who’s betting on an online lottery system?
How would you like to buy lottery tickets online?
Governor Rick Snyder bets you would.
His administration is asking for more than $3 million to launch an online lottery system called iLottery, where buyers could purchase tickets right from their computers.
But the plan has foes in both the state House and Senate, who are maneuvering to block online lottery gaming.
Dave Eggert, the Lansing reporter for the Associated Press, fills us in on the ongoing battle for digital lottery.
Listen to the full interview above.