Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Sun March 31, 2013
Wolverines headed to the Final Four
There will be one Michigan team playing in the Final Four in next weekend’s NCAA’s men’s basketball tournament.
The Michigan Wolverines jumped to a double digit lead early in their Elite Eight game against the Florida Gators on Sunday. And they never relinquished their lead. The final score was 79 to 59.
Michigan is the only Big Ten team to reach the Final Four. Michigan State and Ohio State both lost tournament games over the weekend.
U of M will play the Syracuse Orangemen in one of next Saturday’s national semi-finals in Atlanta.
If the Wolverines win next Saturday, they will play for the national championship one week from Monday.
It's been 20 years since U of M’s last appearance in the Final Four.
The Wolverines won the title in 1989.