Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Michigan Athletic Department embarrasses while trying to fill seats
- Honeybees collaborate with Kalamazoo artist on ArtPrize exhibit
- Who is Mark Schauer, really?
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Truth Squad rules "flagrant foul" on teachers' union ad, warns Snyder campaign
Sun March 31, 2013
Wolverines headed to the Final Four
There will be one Michigan team playing in the Final Four in next weekend’s NCAA’s men’s basketball tournament.
The Michigan Wolverines jumped to a double digit lead early in their Elite Eight game against the Florida Gators on Sunday. And they never relinquished their lead. The final score was 79 to 59.
Michigan is the only Big Ten team to reach the Final Four. Michigan State and Ohio State both lost tournament games over the weekend.
U of M will play the Syracuse Orangemen in one of next Saturday’s national semi-finals in Atlanta.
If the Wolverines win next Saturday, they will play for the national championship one week from Monday.
It's been 20 years since U of M’s last appearance in the Final Four.
The Wolverines won the title in 1989.