Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Sun March 31, 2013
Wolverines headed to the Final Four
There will be one Michigan team playing in the Final Four in next weekend’s NCAA’s men’s basketball tournament.
The Michigan Wolverines jumped to a double digit lead early in their Elite Eight game against the Florida Gators on Sunday. And they never relinquished their lead. The final score was 79 to 59.
Michigan is the only Big Ten team to reach the Final Four. Michigan State and Ohio State both lost tournament games over the weekend.
U of M will play the Syracuse Orangemen in one of next Saturday’s national semi-finals in Atlanta.
If the Wolverines win next Saturday, they will play for the national championship one week from Monday.
It's been 20 years since U of M’s last appearance in the Final Four.
The Wolverines won the title in 1989.