Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Governor Snyder is fighting a losing game in Aramark scandal
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
Sun March 31, 2013
Wolverines headed to the Final Four
There will be one Michigan team playing in the Final Four in next weekend’s NCAA’s men’s basketball tournament.
The Michigan Wolverines jumped to a double digit lead early in their Elite Eight game against the Florida Gators on Sunday. And they never relinquished their lead. The final score was 79 to 59.
Michigan is the only Big Ten team to reach the Final Four. Michigan State and Ohio State both lost tournament games over the weekend.
U of M will play the Syracuse Orangemen in one of next Saturday’s national semi-finals in Atlanta.
If the Wolverines win next Saturday, they will play for the national championship one week from Monday.
It's been 20 years since U of M’s last appearance in the Final Four.
The Wolverines won the title in 1989.