Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Mon April 8, 2013
Wolverines play for NCAA title tonight
The Michigan Wolverines will play tonight for what would be the Ann Arbor school’s first NCAA men’s basketball title since 1989.
It’s been 20 years since the Wolverines last played in a national championship game. They lost that game to North Carolina. The year before the team lost to Duke.
In the two decades since, U of M has made quick exits from the March Madness tournament.
The Louisville Cardinals have been more successful lately in the tournament, but their last national title was in 1986.
Tip off for tonight’s game will be after 9.
Thousands of fans have trekked to Atlanta to cheer the Wolverines inside and outside the Georgia Dome. For fans closer to home in Ann Arbor, Crisler Center will be open for those who wish to root for the team in a more familiar setting.