Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Mon April 8, 2013
Wolverines play for NCAA title tonight
The Michigan Wolverines will play tonight for what would be the Ann Arbor school’s first NCAA men’s basketball title since 1989.
It’s been 20 years since the Wolverines last played in a national championship game. They lost that game to North Carolina. The year before the team lost to Duke.
In the two decades since, U of M has made quick exits from the March Madness tournament.
The Louisville Cardinals have been more successful lately in the tournament, but their last national title was in 1986.
Tip off for tonight’s game will be after 9.
Thousands of fans have trekked to Atlanta to cheer the Wolverines inside and outside the Georgia Dome. For fans closer to home in Ann Arbor, Crisler Center will be open for those who wish to root for the team in a more familiar setting.