Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Thu July 21, 2011
Youth showcase art at Ann Arbor Street Art Fair
Eighteen students from the Arts League of Michigan will showcase their drawings, paintings, and jewelry at the 2011 Ann Arbor Street Art Fair. The students are a part of a five week program that exposes them to different types of art from all over the world.
Arrion Drumgoole is a student with the Arts League of Michigan.
"We’ve learned different techniques like shibori, which is Japanese dyeing on silk scarves. We’ve done kimonos, jewelry and paper sculptures. And we’ve also done stamping and cards and printing."
The art students are 7 to 15 years old. This will be their fifth consecutive year at the Ann Arbor Street Art Fair.
-Traci Currie - Michigan Radio Newsroom